(via Katheen Warnock)
Recognizing that many of the current MFA programs in the country are cost-prohibitive, we’ve learned of an exciting program in the heart of New York City at Hunter College and felt we should share this with you:
• A two-year program with Playwright-in-Residence, award-winning dramatist, Tina Howe and the nationally known new play Dramaturg Mark Bly. This MFA Program in the heart of New York City, places an emphasis on production where you’ll have the opportunity to discover and deepen your dramatic voice.
• You’ll learn about the act of writing for the theatre through transformative writing exercises, readings, and workshops with Bly and Howe and celebrated visiting playwrights.
• Your thesis project will receive a showcase production in the innovative Hunter Playwrights Festival working with professional directors, designers, actors, and students. No other MFA Program in the United States offers such a theatrically unique professional opportunity.
• You will meet leading industry professionals in classes and have your work seen by them and many others theatre professionals at the Hunter Playwrights Festival.
• An affordable program that will cost you approximately $7,400 (in state) or $12,000 (out of state) — not the usual tuition that’s five times that amount.
In short, an exciting MFA program in Playwriting that will help you refine, share and celebrate your voice in the theatre capital of the world, New York City. To apply, visit http://www.hunter.cuny.edu/theatre/graduate-program/m.f.a.-in-playwriting
The application deadline is April 15th, 2012